WordPress is the world’s most popular tool for creating and managing websites, from a simple blog to a full-featured business website. According to a recent survey, WordPress powers 25% of all websites on the internet. With WordPress you don’t need any coding or design skills to create a professional looking site.
Best of all, WordPress is free in every sense of the word. It’s both free to use and free to modify. WordPress also has an amazing number of plugins which allow extension of its functionality in various possible ways. You can use WordPress to create any kind of website.
Due to it’s robust features, many of the top brands use WordPress to power their websites including Time Magazine, Google, Facebook, Sony, Disney, LinkedIn, The New York Times, CNN, eBay, and more.
Why You Should Use WordPress?
There are 5 reason why you should use WordPress to build your website:
1. Free and Open Source
WordPress is an open source project. This means there are hundreds of volunteers all around the world working to improve the platform every day. It also means it is free to use WordPress without paying a licensing fee.
2. Easy to Use and Learn
You do not need to know code to use WordPress. Professional themes and plugins make it easy to create great-looking and full-featured websites fast.
3. Extendable by Using Themes and Plugins
There are thousands of themes and plugins you can choose from in order to further customize your website. Themes are templates that give your website the certain look and feel you want to achieve. Plugins are pieces of software you can install to add functionality to your website.
4. Search Engine Friendly
WordPress is built on standard-friendly code to be optimized for speed and SEO right out of the box.
5. Easy to Manage
WordPress is also extremely user-friendly. It is easy to change something on your website, and you will not need to rely on a webmaster to make the changes on his or her time because you can do it yourself in seconds.
How Do I Get Started Using WordPress?
To run WordPress, all you need is a domain and web hosting. There are hundreds of thousands of web hosts. Majority of them meet the WordPress minimum requirements.
Read our article on how to choose the right hosting for your WordPress site.
How to Use WordPress?
WordPress is easy to use. We have created these free WordPress tutorials to help you build your website using the world’s best web publishing platform – WordPress. We will do our best to add more and update these tutorials when WordPress changes.
- How to Install WordPress: This article will show you through installing the WordPress content management software and the initial setup process.
- The Essential Settings After Installing WordPress: This article will show you how to configure your WordPress site in the right manner.
- A Complete Guide to WordPress Posts and Pages: This article will show you the difference between Posts and Pages.
- How to Create Static Front Page in WordPress: This article will show you how to use any page of your WordPress site as static front page so you have a good looking homepage.
- Working with Images and Media Library in WordPress: This article will show you how to upload and manage images on your WordPress site.
- Embedding Audio, Video and Other Content in WordPress: This article will explain how to embed audio, video or other content from site hosting to your WordPress posts or pages.
- Using Widgets in WordPress: This article will show you what is WordPress widget and how to use widget to add content to your WordPress widget area.
- How to Add Navigation Menu in WordPress: This article will show you how to create and edit your navigation menu in WordPress and how to easily add custom menus to widgets.
- How to Manage Users in WordPress: This article will show you everything you need to know about creating and managing users in WordPress.
- How to Install WordPress Themes: This article will provide you with detailed instructions on how to install and activate themes in your WordPress site.
- How to Install WordPress Plugins: This article will provide you with detailed instructions on how to install and activate plugins in your WordPress site.
- The Essential Plugins You Should Install on Your WordPress Site: This article will show you some important WordPress plugins you should install on your WordPress site.